We envision a growing, dynamic membership that continuously promotes the recognition, preservation, and advancement of occupational therapy in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
(adopted by Board of Directors, September 27, 2012)
- POTA will serve and support its membership by providing opportunities for:
- POTA will collaborate with AOTA and with consumers of Occupational Therapy services to:
- Uphold the core values, ethics and standards of practice.
- Assure effective communication within and about the profession.
- POTA will work towards increasing practice diversity and opportunity in the state by:
- Keeping members up to date on health care issues and maintaining relationships with other disciplines, health care agencies, third party payers, legislative and consumer groups.
News and Announcements
Click below to view the new format of PennPoint.
Click here for the July 2013 Issue of PennPoint
POTA Annual Conference in King of Prussia, October 31-November 1,2014
Plan to join us October 31-November 1, 2014 at the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge in King of Prussia! We've opened the Call for Papers and submissions for conference Institutes, Presentations, Short Presentations and Posters are due by March 15. 2014. Visit our Conference Home page for more details. Be sure to let potential exhibors know the details of our 2014 Conference!
Pennsylvania OT Licensure
OT's and OTA's CANNOT practice in Pennsylvania without a current Pennsylvania license, this is the law.
Licensure renewal for ALL currently licensed OT practitioners was due June 30, 2013. POTA members received more information from the Licensure Board Chair (see April 2013 issue of Penn Point) and continue to receive updates through POTA email communications and through posts in their member portal. The State Board of Occupational Therapy Education and Licensure webpage includes information about new professional liability insurance requirements for occupational therapists. These new requirements have implcations for all PA OTs who renew their licenses by the June 30 deadline, and for occupational therapists who apply for a new temporary or permanent license. Click on Special Notices when you arrive on the Licensure Board page.
Click on the image below to enter Amazon and a portion of the proceeds from your purchase will be sent to support POTA!
Return to top